Thank you for attending the May Accelerent Breakfast powered by Haas & Wilkerson Insurance. It was a treat to be able to hear Hank Haney speak about his professional coaching career and to learn that I am not the only one in the room with a glitch in my golf swing!
I also want to thank you for supporting the American Heart Association and their Heart Walk scheduled for May 18. If you haven’t had a chance to start or join a team, I invite you to join mine!
1) Click HERE to visit our team page.
2) Click the "Join our Team" button and follow the prompts to register.
Today you were introduced to the next Accelerent non-profit of focus, The First Tee of Greater Kansas City. The First Tee of Greater Kansas City is a youth development organization teaching young people positive values such as honesty, integrity, sportsmanship and confidence while using the game of golf as a tool. The First Tee lessons are taught at five area learning centers and through in-school programs. National independent research has proven that 78% of our participants are learning and using life skills such as goal-setting, interpersonal communication, self-management and resistance skills. Perhaps, most importantly, many of our participants are receiving college scholarships and employment opportunities because of their involvement with The First Tee. All money raised in Kansas City stays here to help local programs.
Today we ask that you consider helping them with their mission by:
- Generating teams for the 2013 Day for the Kids Golf Tournament
- The 2013 "A Day for the Kids" golf tournament will be held on September 16th at Oakwood Country Club. For the 15th year, Tom Watson will host this limited-field shamble format golf tournament to benefit The First Tee of Greater Kansas City. Playing sponsorships are available for $1,000 and other sponsorship opportunities are available at $7,500 which includes a foursome.
- Generating individuals to attend the Beyond the Fairway Luncheon:
- Help generate individuals to attend “Beyond the Fairway” luncheons this summer. Luncheons are exactly one hour and are an invitation for guests to see, feel and touch what The First Tee is doing in the greater Kansas City area. Guests will get to hear from Board Members, the Executive Director and active participants of the program. These luncheons are free, you can be assured you will not be asked for money, they just want to introduce you to The First Tee and see if it is an organization you might want to get further involved with.
Thank you for helping The First Tee of Greater Kansas City with their mission to impact the lives of young people in the Greater Kansas City area by providing learning opportunities and educational programs that promote character development and life-enhancing values through the game of golf. My team and I look forward to seeing you at a future Accelerent event.